Caring for your Custom Shades
Although it may sound like a daunting task, cleaning your custom shades can be a simple process, and with just a few minutes per month, you can keep your window treatments looking clean and brand new.
Cleaning Honeycomb/Cellular Shades
Cellular shades are
extremely easy to clean and maintain. For a simple cleaning, all you need is a
vacuum with good suction, a gentle brush attachment, and voila
When cleaning your honeycomb shades, consider the following:
- Use a vacuum with brush attachment at low suction to gently go over your shades in a horizontal motion.
- Use a damp cloth with a mild detergent to blot away any stubborn stains.
- A blow dryer or can of compressed air can be used to clean any dust or particles inside the cells/pockets of the shade.
- Once you are done cleaning, raise your shades to help them regain and maintain their creases that may have been straightened during the cleaning process.
- Do Not forget to use a brush attachment.
- Do Not vacuum on high suction.
- Do Not apply too much water to your shades.
- Do Not scrub your shades.
- Do Not use harsh chemicals or cleaning products.
- Do Not clean in a vertical motion.
Cleaning Solar, Roman, and Roller Shades
- Gently spot clean with a damp cloth, mild soap, and warm water
- Dry you shades gently with a blow dryer
- Use a feather duster or a lighter clean or touch up
- Use a vacuum with a brush attachment
- Do Not vigorously scrub your shades to clean.
- Do Not use any harsh chemicals or solvents to clean your shades.
DISCLAIMER: When it comes to cleaning your shades, please also keep in mind that window treatments made with delicate fabrics such as silk should be cleaned by a professional for optimal results.